Friday, September 20, 2013

But, Why?

As of late--- I have been asking many "why questions" to the one who knows all the answers.  I find myself questioning the situations He has put in my life, the ways He works things out, or why this world seems to be out of His control at times. I pray and pray and pray looking for answers but my instant gratification is not satisfied. Why aren't you doing this, Lord? Or why are you doing that? If you are so powerful than why aren't you fixing things? These are the kind of questions that tend to leave me in tears...unsure of what to do.

You see, I am always viewing my life through my eyes and although I have 20/20 vision, I still seem to have a short term perspective. The short term perspective that I see has hurting people, mislead minds, and broken hearts.  It is at these times when God has reminded me through scripture and friends that God's eyes and ways are different from our own. Even through trial and pain he is working for the good of his sons and daughters. Romans 8:28-29 tells us that God is working for our good and goes on to define "good" in vs. 29 by "being conformed to the likeness of His Son". If God's goal is for us to become more like Jesus, than suffering is a sign that God is working for our good. Jesus Christ, though perfect and holy, suffered more than any human being. God does not promise a trial-free life, in fact he guarantees trials if we are to be conformed to the likeness of His Son. Not only does my perspective change as I learn God's definition of "good", but I am also reminded that God is omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful). Who am I to question His Ways? This is God's reaction to Job, when he questions God:

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone-- while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?" Job 38:2-7

Our God is the creator of this universe, he keeps me breathing, allows me to think, move, eat, and he keeps this whole world in motion! He will take care of me through all situations in life and it is my joy to trust Him. Let His will be done in my life through trial or pain, and let me become more holy through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment