Monday, January 14, 2013

Not of this World

1 John 2: 15-17

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For everything in the world-- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes, and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."


"Worldliness is not a matter of engaging in those practices that some question. It is unthinkingly adopting the perspectives, values, and attitudes of our culture, without bringing them under the judgement of God's Word. It is carrying on in our lives as if we did not know Jesus."
-Lawrence Richards

I read this verse and quote this week and was encouraged to take a stand against worldliness. With the help of my Savior, I must not be passive, I must stand for truth, I must put on the armor of God and live according to His good and perfect will. It is easy to be entangled in what our culture values and it is hard  to live the way God has called us to. I want to choose the hard road that is also the best road. I will choose to suffer with Jesus Christ that I may also receive His glory as well. A glory that is eternal, a glory that lets me stand in the presence of the Almighty God. There is no better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment