Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Purpose

Christian Friends: Have you ever been told that you were made to reflect God's Glory? And have you ever wondered what that REALLY means... I know I have. I think the first thing to know and realize is that we were made in the image of Him (Genesis 1:27). And who is he? Glorious; Wonderful; Perfect; Loving; Just; Merciful; etc. And therefore we are have a part of that Glory. We are a part of him as a son or daughter is a part of their mother and father. We have a little bit of His Glory in Us. THAT IS AMAZING!!!

So we have a little eternal DNA inside of us if we choose to recognize it. Scriptures tell us about God's glory in creation (Psalm 19:1). The skies, ocean, mountains, solar system are Gods way of saying to us: LOOK AT WHO I AM, LOOK AT WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF, ENJOY MY GLORY all around you. And to think that creation wasn't made in His image but rather we are. We are what He delights in... not the stars, skies, and creatures of this earth (Psalm 149:4). To this, I find myself asking "Why God?". "Why do you delight in me?" I feel pathetic compared to your amazing creation! 

But it suddenly hits me that we are His Sons and Daughters. What Mother or Father out there would delight in anything more than their kids? He loves us... SO MUCH! Why else would he go to all lengths to make sure that we had a WAY back to Him. So since he is our Creator, Father, Designer in Heaven, he knows what our purpose is. The thoughtful artist always knows the purpose for their creation. And His design was for us to bring Him praise (1 Cor. 10:31). You can ask Him later why this was His Purpose for us, but for now all we need to know is WHAT our purpose is and how to live it out. He wants us to see that we are a part of Him and to start living like it! To live as a Son or Daughter of Christ by obeying and loving His Son and His Holy Word he has left for us. 

I read a quote by A.W. Tozer that is his interpretation of God telling Abraham what His Purpose is in Life. ( I want to read this to myself everyday).

"Abraham, I am trying to tell you something-- something very important. I want you to listen and to comprehend. Abraham you were made in My image and you were designed for a single purpose: to worship and glorify Me.. If you do not honor this purpose, your life will degenerate into shallow, selfish, humanistic pursuits... commit your whole life and future into My hands. Let me as your Creator and God fulfill in you My perfect design. It is My great desire that you become a faithful and delighted worshiper at My throne... When you have found Me, your Creator, your Redeemer and your Lord, you have found everything you need! It will be your privilege to trust and obey. It will be My privilege to bless you, guide you, and sustain you. "

In other words... To reflect God's Glory is to live as he designed us to live. I think of someone inventing a bicycle only to find that people are using it as lawn mowers. The inventor would be saying "No, no, no this is not the way it works best... this is not how I designed it to be, you will find it works better "this way"". In the same way, our inventor is crying to us... Please live as I have designed you. Please read in the Bible how I want you to live. This is the best way to live, I know for I am your Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment