Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oldies


There's just nothin' like the old Christmas movies. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" this weekend and I was in tears at the end of the movie when George Bailey finds how much his money, his job, and even his dreams mean nothing in comparison to having a loving home of family and friends. Movies today just don't do it the way they did it back then. 

Here's a couple of my favorite George Bailey lines:

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I will throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

"This is a very interesting situation!" (Catching Mary naked in the bushes)

"I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that."

"Well of course I like her, She's a peach!"



P.s. If you like Jimmy Stewart in this one and are looking for more oldies to watch-- You should watch "Shop Around the Corner. It is the movie that "You've Got Mail" is based off of and it is a classic. You will love it. 

Who's excited for Christmas?




No comments:

Post a Comment